Berkey BioFilm Drops
*The Berkey Biofilm Drops™are made in the USA
- Berkey Biofilm Drops™ are used for storing and maintaining pure, fresh water
- Scientifically engineered and patented Copper-Silver Ion solution in the defense of biofilm related bacteria in ceramic water filters, carbon (charcoal filters) and water storage containers
- Especially formulated for use in harvested rainwater containers, long term storage water containers and for use in emergency preparedness and disaster relief
- May be used with any type of filter media but works best with Black Berkey® Purification Elements
- Extends the shelf life of water being stored for up to 5 years
- Extends the time between element cleanings
- Eliminates the need to rotate stored water every six months and keeps your water fresh-tasting and odor-free
- Simple and easy to use
- Claims are based on independent testing and peer reviewed scientific research and have not been reviewed or evaluated or approved by the EPA
Berkey Water Filter introduces Berkey Biofilm Drops™. These drops have been scientifically engineered to store and maintain pure, fresh water. To purchase Berkey Biofilm Drops™ Click “Add To Cart”!
These drops have been scientifically engineered for use in the defense of bio-film formation in ceramic water filters, carbon (charcoal) filters, and water storage containers. Use Berkey Biofilm Drops™ to extend the shelf life of water being stored for up to 5 years. Berkey Biofilm Drops™ may also extend the life of your elements. Using Berkey Biofilm Drops™ eliminates the need to rotate your stored water every 6 months and keeps your water fresh tasting and odor free. You can test for residual ions in the water being stored by using the test kit enclosed with the drops.
Berkey Biofilm Drops™ are a scientifically engineered and patented Copper-Silver ion solution that is
safe and user friendly. With 10 + years of development and testing behind the technology, Berkey Biofilm
Drops™ are designed as a pre-treatment to defend against microbiological growth and control of biofilm
buildup in filters and water storage containers. Berkey Biofilm Drops™ may be used with any type of
filter media and work especially well with the Black Berkey™ purification elements.
Biofilm is a substance that forms readily in water filters, water distribution lines, water storage tanks, and any other aqueous environments. Bio-films form when bacteria begin to excrete a slimy, sticky substance that allows them to adhere to surfaces. The bio-film mass can consist of multiple species of bacteria, and may include fungi, algae, and protozoa. Various scientific studies have demonstrated that up to 99% of bacteria do not actually live in the water; they live in the bio-film (a living environment and culture medium for bacteria), leaving only 1% of bacteria that actually live in the water. It is only these free floating bacteria that are destroyed with traditional sanitizers such as chlorine, and bromine. Berkey Biofilm Drops™ work by incorporating multiple barrier processes for inhibiting the growth and regrowth of bio-films, utilizing natural mineral ions of copper and silver in an ion technology along with other additives and complexants to synergistically aid in the control and precipitation of calcium, iron, minerals and scale where bio-film bacteria attach, form, feed and breed.
Berkey Biofilm Drops™ are simple to use and especially formulated for use in harvested rainwater
containers, long term storage water containers, and for use in emergency preparedness and disaster relief. While no system can guarantee 100% eradication of biofilm, Berkey Biofilm Drops™ offers the best line of proven defense with long-lasting results.