PF-2™ Fluoride And Arsenic Reduction Elements
*The PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters are made and assembled in the USA
- The Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements adsorb the following unwanted elements found in drinking water:
- Fluoride: Sodium Fluoride, Sodium Fluorosilicate, Fluorosilicic Acid (aka Hydrofluorosilic Acid)
- Arsenic: V and pre-oxidized Arsenic III
- Other residual heavy metal ions
- Made from safe, non-leaching Polypropolene #5 that is BPA-free
- Sold in a set of 2
- Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements are designed to be used in conjunction with the Black Berkey® Purification Elements only
- Attach to the bottom of the Black Berkey® Purification Elements and sit in the lower chamber of the Berkey unit
- Number of Berkey PF-2™ Elements in the bottom chamber must match the number of Black Berkey® Purification Elements in the top chamber; for example, 4 Black Berkey® Purification Elements would require 4 PF-2 Filters
- Set of 2 Berkey PF-2™ Elements need replacement after 1000 gallons of use
- The Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements are covered under a six month warranty
Berkey Fluoride Filter (Set of 2)
The Berkey water channel fluoride diminishment components work by adding the capacity to expel the contaminants recorded underneath. At the point when strung specifically onto the Black Berkey® cleansing components the fluoride lessening component is a viable method to take control of focused unsafe contaminants in your drinking water. These fluoride water channels fill in as a post channel to the Black Berkey and is perfect with all Berkey water channel frameworks.
Adequately diminishes the accompanying water contaminants
Pre-oxidized Arsenic III and Arsenic V
Other overwhelming metal particles
Separating Fluoride From Your Drinking Water Controversy
The Berkey fluoride water channel utilizes a period tried strategy that was produced to diminish fluoride in your drinking water. Berkey built up this channel to address the worries of the numerous who discover the act of adding fluoride to drinking water flawed or inadmissible. Fluoride has been purposely added to numerous civil water supplies since the 1950’s. This regular practice is presently winding up more disputable no doubt. New reports and learns about the hurtful impacts of adding fluoride to drinking water are developing. The wellbeing and cleanliness advantages of applying fluoride straightforwardly to the surface of teeth are a notable and only occasionally debated. The debate starts with fluoride that has been added to drinking water just interacts with the teeth for a short measure of time and in an exceptionally weakened shape. After this contact the fluoride is than gulped and the human body is liable to the outstanding sick impacts of the fluoride compound for quite a long time after ingestion. Commentators assert that in this period of high fluoride tooth glues that are effectively connected specifically to the surface of the tooth, the advantages of fluoride in the water supply are irrelevant and perhaps pointless. Berkey fluoride water channel enables you to settle on this choice about your wellbeing for yourself by lessening the measure of fluoride in your water by >95%.
It is suggested that each arrangement of two Berkey PF-2™ fluoride water channels ought to be supplanted after 1,000 gallons (3,785 liters). Illustration: If you had a Big Berkey framework (2 gallon limit) and you refilled the framework 2 times each day, you would utilize 4 gallons of water for each day. Under these conditions the PF-2 fluoride water channel components would most recent 250 days (1000 lady. separated by 4 = 250) or barely 8 months. Real substitution period for the PF-2 fluoride channel is reliant on how much water you would utilize and the nearness of other contending contaminants in the source water. Elevated amounts of arsenic, fluoride and certain overwhelming metals may adversely influence the productivity and limit of the PF-2 components.
Testing was performed with a stream rate of under 11 liters for every moment per cu.ft. of the Berkey separating medium at 20 – 30 sections for every million (ppm) of the particle in the arrangement fluid. Consequences of < 1ppm of the fluoride particle in the gushing were run of the mill for the channel media (>95% diminishment). Under ideal research facility conditions, profluent groupings of under 50 section for every billion (ppb) were promptly accomplished which likens to a >99.75% lessening.
ARSENIC: Arsenic cations and arsenic oxide anions have extraordinary properties that this Berkey channel item adequately targets.
For greatest expulsion proficiency, keep up the water being dealt with between a PH level of 5 and 8. Genuine limit is subject to the level of sullying of
arsenic, fluoride and other contending overwhelming metal particles. Strangely large amounts of these contaminants may decrease the limit and proficiency of the components.
1) Do not subject to solidifying temperatures, high warmth or heat up the fluoride water channel components.
2) Under typical conditions the PF-2™ canisters lessen water separating stream rate of most Berkey sifting frameworks by 15-20%.